Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode V

March 5th 8am
Dear Diary, I am Finally settling in, but this morning I am feeling sore all over. I guess my body has finally recognized the change in environment. I think I might be coming down with a fever, I knew this was going to happen, you can hardly get a decent drinking water here plus the mosquitos here are really out for blood!



Complaining about them to a neighbor one time, she jokingly answered and said they were welcoming  me... This is certainly not a warm welcome I thought to myself seeing that I have mosquito bite marks all over my body.

Due to inadequate preparation I forget to come with a mosquito balm or net not that I am sure it would work against these mosquitoes here,  but maybe it would have been of some help, but it's certainly now among the list of what to buy when next I go to town.

Where do I get drugs for this? Is the question I have been asking myself all morning, it was hard enough to locate a bank and since I have been around I haven't really seen any chemist store around!
Hmm, times like this are when you really wish you thought twice before taking that decision, anyway I am here all ready I might as well make the best out of it!

It's my fourth day here now and I came here with a plan, a vision of some sort! Some would say I just wanted to leave the house but whatever!
I am going to try and help some kinds have a chance at a better future, to give them hope and hopefully imbibe in them the understanding that truly knowledge is power! Your place of birth or residence is really no factor that can stop you from becoming great!

Seeing that, it's a month's vacation I would say I have less than 27 days to make this goal a reality at least to an extent!
Diary I can tell you it's not going to be an easy task, seeing the way these people live, their believe system, I know how hard it can be trying to make someone believe what they have known all their lives is not true!
It's like telling a full grown child the one He/She have come to know and call  father since birth is really not His/Her father!

If this is going to work with the time I have on my hands I have to be strategic, come up with a concrete plan!
This is why I have decided to employ the help of my neighbor whom I have come to like, she has been really helpful since I came here. Infact, she is going to be a benefactor of this project in some way, assuming she gets it and agree to be a part of it!



Every one in the house calls her by the name of her first child Tobi, her second child still a toddler, she lives with a young man, don't know if any kind of marriage was done, but seen the situation here its highly doubtful... I assume their understanding of marriage here is weird too, you get pregnant for a man before a dowry is paid on your head, you get shipped off to stay with him!

It might also be the reason the whole Village is filled up of teenage mummies, I wonder how they can have strict laws about adultry and little on pregnancies before marriage!

Anyway, I am not the kind that criticizes without understanding, well maybei I am a little, but then again, who is not!
So I am going to employ the help of mama Tobi and hopefully learn the best strategy to pass across my message to these people...



Truly, ignorance is the greatest enemy of man! My Pastor @Pst Ben Inegbe will always say "What you don't know will become a master over you!"  let's all seek knowledge and as we do share with others around us thereby impacting our world.
Thank you for joining us again, we are sorry for delay between episodes, you deserve only the best! - Perpetua Orumwese (Editor)


If you are just joining us please Click on links to read previous episodes
Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV

Please leave a comment, suggestions, or join the harshtag #DiaryofAcityGirlintheVillage on Twitter. Thank you for your time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village. By Perpetua Orumwese

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode IV

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode III