Diary Of A City Girl In The Village. Episode II

I woke up today 8am . I almost forgot to write on you today, this whole diary thing is new to me, I only decided on keeping one few weeks ago and from where I stand right now, I think it was a pretty wise decision. I mean, here I am on a strange land with no friends or family "yet", with none to talk to, you are all I have got!

Talking about friends and family, I wonder what must be going through the heads of my so called perfect friends, traitors!
I know for sure, mom and dad would be worried sick, I haven't tried calling them, moreover the cell reception here is just terrible, I wonder if this place is even in the map of this country!

Leaving home for this quest was not easy, mom pleaded with me "Temi, be reasonable, dad just kept shouting "this is total madness". He just kept asking why his only daughter, with a degree on international relations, a good one at that will suddenly want to go and spend a month vacation on some remote village and not somewhere civilized! I knew by that he met a place he could keep an eye on me.

Don't blame him much, being an only child can be a blessing and a curse too!
"I have made up my mind and I am doing it" is probably the last thing I said to him.
I needed to do this for myself, to discover my strengths and weaknesses, contrary to what my friends may think, I want to be independent, impact lives and create a legacy for myself, not just some rich spoiled daddy's girl!

I just hope they haven't sent out an army in search of me already, I am going to try and reach them once I finish here.
I'll probably try and call lekan first, Awww, lekan, the love of my life! Hmm, is that really true? Not sure anymore, we have been having issues lately, who ever said distant relationship works have never been in one! The work load is just too much! Since he left the country, there have been this fissure between us. I just pray we pull through cos I do love him, i have known him since our early days in the University.

OK... Back to reality, taking a bath this morning wasn't easy, I had nothing so
I went out to knock on a neighbours door and first asked her why the quietness,cos I know back home is quiet, everyman to himself estate kind of life but this one was just different! she said the older ones have gone to farm, younger ones to school and the middle age in their shops
The young guys have gone to ride their bikes it was the normal routine...

Aha! I had wondered why, the bike park was so packed full of them, i guess it's all they know here...

I asked her if they had a bank around,cos I had to buy some things and I was low on cash, she hesitated for while before she told me there was one in the next town and the fare to and fro was a thousand naira.

I smiled, you dare not send someone here two thousand naira it will be of no use!
I thanked her borrowed her bucket to have my bath... I had some time to think while bathing, just kept asking myself if I knew what I was doing!

Hmm, temi you have got this, you can do this,if not for anything, to show your Sucker friends they ain't better than you!
Everyone in the house used one bathing room, I almost didn't want to use it at first, but I really needed to, so I just crossed my haert and  hoped not to die and entered, surprisingly it was some what clean, these people may not be civilized but they knew how to be clean. I enjoyed the cool water from the well, yeah, from a well, water doesn't run inside the house, not that I was expecting it to anyway...

OK, I have got to get ready to get to a bank which I hope it's not a whole day journey! So many things to be done to this room if I will survive a week here!!!

Hmm, I just can't wait for you to read the next episode, hope you are as excited as I am! Thanks again for joining us! Click here to read the first Episode.-Perpetua Orumwese

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village. By Perpetua Orumwese

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode IV

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode III