Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode III

March 4th 2016
Dear diary, this is my second day here now and so far, it's been crazy! Came back late yesterday as I feared, turns out the bank was way off this Village! I was able to get some stuffs, even though they were not really up to my taste, I guess I will make do with what I have!


I finally put a call through to my family, I called Lekan first, I could barely hear him, but he sounded angry, something about why I didn't tell him about my trip, I guess he called home and they told him about it... Awww, whatever!

Mom was happy to finally hear from me, she kept asking "omo mi (my child) are you alright, are you safe, what are you eating, how are you coping?...  So many questions, I could barely say anything, when she finally gave me a chance to speak, I just told her I was ok, that she shouldn't worry about me.
I guess Dad is still pissed at me, cos he wouldn't talk to me, mom said not to worry about him that he will eventually come around, so I have decide not to worry, I am going to concentrate and focus on the reason why I am here!

Cooking in this place is going to be a real test, noticed the major way they do it here is with fire wood, I can't imagine myself going through that much work just to cook myself some food, the heat, ha that smook, Don't think I would survive it!
I did get a stove though and, it's the highest you can do here which is way preferable to the alternative.

More importantly, on my way out and back to the village yesterday I noticed somethings strange...
Though the village seem to have a safe air around it, no fear of being harassed, followed or mugged, I hear they have strict laws against thievery! You can go walkiing after dark and feel safe but the level of ignorance here is appalling!

I saw some kids who should be in a learning class going to the farm, saw teenage girls with babies, at first I thought they were helping their moms out until I began to see them breastfeeding, I was so shocked! I only have read about teenage moms, or seen it in movies, but I had always thought someone just made them up, just too real to be true!

There is a cloud over this Village, thick and dark, the cloud of so much ignorance, the most intriguing part is that they seem to be perfectly ok with their way of life!
I have decided to start drawing out a plan to accomplish my purpose for this journey, if there is going to be a change of some kind in this place, someone needs to start it!

Dear diary, I have never done some thing like this before and certainly not on this scale, that I am scared is an understatement, but I believe someone said "courage is not the absence of fear" So Temi, you can do this, conquer your fear... Yeah, right after I look for something to eat...



How often are we faced with situations, that are bigger than us, our pockets and sometimes out imagination? A wise man said "only persistence and determination is omnipotent" join us on next episode on temi's story. Thank you - Perpetua Orumwese

Click to read
Episode I
Episodey II

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village. By Perpetua Orumwese

Diary Of A City Girl In The Village Episode IV